Saturday, October 06, 2012

Saturday

Saturday

October 6, 2012

There was a Friday post but it was short and short lived.

Friday's post was mostly reminding me that it was Friday the 5th and then when I went about my business I dated a memo the 4th. I was told that a helper raccoon would fix that problem but I am also told that raccoon to date are a non unionized workforce and I work in a closed shop. I guess the raccoon could be hired as a consultant.

I left most of my electronic devices at home along with my messenger back and my jacket. The forecast was for 78 degrees as a high and a gathering of co-workers at a bar.

I didn't feel like going out after work but sometimes it is important to actually demonstrate that you are part of a group. There was this one guy going who usually doesn't go so I felt a little obligated to attend.

The place was too loud and eventually got too crowded.

I was reminded why I like to drink alone.

Saturday

My back ached a little less than usual is what I noticed when I realized that I was awake at 3AM.

I was in and out of sleep until I rolled out of bed right before 8AM.

I feed the cats, didn't feed the turtle and replenished the water in the pot by the sink that has the bamboo in it. The cats like to drink from the pot with the bamboo, which is better than drinking from the toilet.

I made an egg, ham and cheese sandwich on a toasted English muffin. I thought about the one egg and one slice of cheese and the one piece of ham and thought it was pretty good for portion control. Otherwise, I might have had a three egg omelette with peppers and onions, ham and cheese with a side of toast.

I then made some coffee grabbed my house keys and stepped out to the deck. That is where I am now. It is probably about sixty degrees. It is the Fall. I will not get too many more chances to sit outside in the morning without a jacket.

The lawn is wet and hasn't been mowed in at least two weeks. The last time that I neglected the lawn a coworker that lives in the area mentioned it. He was not mean about it and he didn't seem to be judgmental but I still thought, "Well, yeah, fuck you," but I kept that thought to myself.

The lawn should be mowed, there is little doubt about that.

...

Yesterday I was at the ATM on the first floor of where I work and I keyed in the wrong pin number and then I heard a loud sigh from behind me. I thought, "You have got to be kidding me," to whatever made the sigh. Then I keyed in another wrong pin number and I heard another sigh but I refused to look behind me. On the third try I got the number sequence right on the account that I rarely use and then turned to look at the person making the sighs.

I said, "You know, I didn't know if it was some asshole I didn't know or what, but now I see it's an asshole that I know." It was just one of my buddies giving me a hard time but I think I might need to change my pin numbers to something I can remember better.

No comments: