Friday, February 11, 2022

Drip, drip, drip

Some folks know the real me and by the real me, I mean my birth name and location. 

The real me is often hidden by myths and legends and to be honest there are times I wonder if I have ever been honest with myself as to who I truly am. 

The character I play is often well received so I will play it with a flourish. Alcohol helps if not required. But sometimes I find that guy to be a jerk. He’s a bit of a phony. He gets on my nerves. But the alternative is to end the scene and let the room go quiet. 

I wonder who is the truer me. 

I think people like the sober me only because they know after a few drinks, the drunk me starts to show up. 

It starts with a giggle and then I will hear “There he is”.

He is certainly better about not giving a shit. I envy him that.

I wonder if I would tolerate him as a roommate. 

Anxiety or alcohol. Sounds like a problem.

No comments: