Friday, March 09, 2012

Relaxing isn't that easy

We were working on something together and other people were involved as well and things were not going smoothly once they were out of my hands. She told me about her difficulties and I decided to bypass the obstructions. It could cause me problems down the line but it was important to my boss to make sure her request was granted.

All of our contact was through emails and phone calls and when the plan was finally worked out, we arranged a meeting in my office.

She was attractive and engaging.

I told her why all the problems existed and she told me that she totally understood. I told her that my boss and myself were taking a risk in bypassing some of the system. She told me that there would be no problems.

Her request isn’t complicated but it does open the door to other people making the same or similar requests and we cannot accommodate everyone so usually we accommodate no one.

She placed a Yogi Kava Stress Relief tea bag on the desk from her bag as she rummaged for a pen and she said that she was using a lot of them. Once she was all set, she asked if I wanted the tea bag. On the envelope it states “Eases Tension and Promotes Relaxation.” I told her, “I’ll take it.”

No comments: