Saturday, December 01, 2018

The First Rule of Fight Club...

Monday night I was made an honorary member.

There were three dreams from that night that I remember: 
Dream 1, someone asked me if I was all right. I said, "I'll be fine." He said, "There is a lot of blood." I believe that I just shrugged my shoulders.
Dream 2, the taste of blood. I was reminded that the blood of human's tastes like rust.
Dream 3, My dad was driving, my 2 year old niece was troubled by something only she wasn't my niece she was now my sister, which is odd but then my dad died over twenty years ago. Those are dreams for you. I asked the other occupants in the vehicle what was troubling her. She answered for herself. She said that most likely that her mother had died earlier that day. I turned to my father and asked if it were true. He said that it was but that he hadn't told anyone yet. I wondered why the two year old knew something sooner than I did.

I don't know what that last dream was about, maybe it is that a two year old can handle difficult things better than I care to do. Or maybe that I am not paying attention to important things

That second dream came about from the hole on the inside of upper lip which matched up perfectly to the bottom on my right front tooth. Coincidentally, it was not the first time that hole had appeared. The first time, happened when I was eight. I was ball with my friends and I took off running with my head down and my lip and someone's head met. I was knocked out and woke up with a mouth of blood and the sister of one of my friends was holding a wash cloth to my mouth.

I am guessing dream number one was actually the memory of a drunk.

No comments: