Thursday, June 19, 2008

So

At least part of it has ended. It actually ended yesterday for me; it's just that people got to see it today.

I survived but my reputation got a little tarnished. I'm no longer consider fail proof, but I'm still known for getting the job done.

I remember driving around trying to calm myself; my mind was racing and it reflected in my driving, even though I had had ample time. Slow down got repeated over and over; it mostly didn't work.

After my eight hours, I walked down the street which isn't really in my character, any more. I usually, only visit there after work on Fridays as of late but I figured I deserved a beer or two. Mowing my lawn could wait further.

After the second beer she asked "What now, Timmy?" I usually, don't have to choose my own drinks. I usually let them mix whatever they want because they often get tired of pouring draft beers but this bartender wasn't playing my game so I ordered a Stoli Raz and cranberry. I watched as she reached up for an eight ounce glass. After that I had another. After that I asked for a suggestion. What she suggested was what my favorite bartender often mixes but I could not remember what was in it so she called my favorite bartender on her cell phone.

She got the recipe and served it in a pint glass. I tried to hide my smile. My favorite barkeep looks out for me even when someone else is serving me drinks. I drank two of those and left soon after the next shift change.

I got home and racing against the darkening sky, I mowed the lawn. I checked the quality of my work the next morning, wondering if the lines left by the mower were going to be uneven. But things were true.

Things are better. And even though I nearly took it on the chin, I did keep my head up.

No comments: