Saturday, June 28, 2008

We were swapping vehicles; her Cadillac for my Dodge truck. She took a phone call and I watched. She roamed around a little. She circled me. I tried to memorize her form. I’ve known her for over twenty years. Her beauty has changed over time but just in style and not in substance.

I’ve been kind of angry with her lately. I’ve felt disrespected and taken advantage of; I’ve felt that knowing her is more trouble than it is worth. Outside of her family there has been very few of her relationships that have survived, since we’ve met. I’m one of two.

As I watched her, I wanted to find fault. I wanted to add more to my list of grievances but natural sun light and true beauty are usually error free.

She was engrossed in her phone call. I just stared when I wouldn’t be caught.

My heart softened a bit.

No comments: