Tuesday, July 01, 2008

All this with a 32 oz McDonald's Sweet tea hidden in her bag

She asked me to the movies, so I moved some things around to free up my schedule. I got to her house on time and waited. When we got to the theater, they were already at capacity for the showing that her free pass would have worked on.

Her plan B was to buy a ticket for what was showing next to it and then sneak in; but she guessed wrong at where it was playing which left us the choice of seeing WALL E or the last half of Get Smart. We got up to get a refund on our tickets because unbeknownst to me, I was paged and had to leave.

Her plan C was much like her plan B only she was going to find out the correct screen, this time. She knew a girl that worked there and asked her to find out and to check to see if that showing was actually full or not.

Her informational source told her that what we came to see was indeed packed and also that some folks had waited four hours to get in. So, after some discussion, we decided to see Iron Man but I didn’t want to wait in line so I went to the kiosk. We would be missing the first fifteen minutes of the show but I didn’t care. When I presented our tickets, I was told that I would have to go to the desk to get new tickets because my tickets indicated that they were expired on one half which is what I guess happens when you buy tickets after the start time from the kiosk.

I walked to the desk and explained what I was told after I waited behind a couple that was there before me. I was told that my tickets should work and to let the person tearing the tickets know that it was indeed okay for her to take my ticket.

I turned to walk back to the ticket tearer but could find Lady G. I looked around the lobby and then outside on the street but she wasn’t anywhere I could see and when I called her on her cell phone I got no answer.

I thought of handing over my ticket and going up the escalator to the upper level but I figured she wasn’t up there because you needed a ticket to get passed the attendant.

I looked around some more and thought she might have ditched me even though she’s never done that before. Then I got a call asking where I was and I said that I was in the lobby wondering where she was; she told me she was upstairs waiting.

So, I offered my tickets to the same girl that told me that I needed new tickets and told her that John said she should take the tickets that I had; she seemed doubtful but she took them but then she didn’t know which half to give me. I suggested that she give me the half with the movie information on it and she should keep the half that said the ticket was expired. Fortunately she agreed.

“What happened?” is the greeting I got.

“You disappeared.”

“I told her to tell you I was upstairs.”

Not wanting some discussion I wasn’t ready to argue to win, I kept quiet.

“What about the tickets.”

“The desk said the tickets I had were fine, and I told her that and then she took them.”

“Oh, no they didn’t. Come on we’re getting our money back.”

We were at a point where we already had missed the first half hour or maybe even more of the movie. So, I said “I don’t want a hassle.”

“Give me the tickets then.”

I handed her the tickets and she told me to grab some seats because she would be right back. She wasn’t right back and when she was back she handed me back the tickets. Two tickets cost $21; I think a non horrible movie is worth the ten fifty. I think it’s worth paying the ticket price without going through a lot of effort to avoid paying it. She thinks differently.

I kept the tickets in my hand for the rest of the movie. I thought it was a good movie; definitely worth the price of admission if all you had to do was buy a ticket.

Heading to the lobby I looked at the tickets and on the back of each of them was hand written a little note that said “John, please give a readmit.”

So we walked to the desk and asked for John. John was paged and then radioed and then paged again, and then John finally appeared. When he asked what he was needed for I proffered the ticket and spread them between my fingers so that he could see that both had writing. John looked at the tickets and smiled as he said “I see,” and then he disappeared into his hiding room. When he returned he had two tickets for readmission.

We set a date for two days hence, and she has a plan for us to sneak into the first half of Iron Man.

No comments: