Tuesday, July 08, 2008

July 3rd

I cut out kind of early; early for me; early for me when my favorite bartender is tending bar. Even so, early consisted of six pints of beer and two pints of a mixed vodka drink. Before I left I bought an assortment box of chocolates from Godiva for the bartender who was having a birthday and a smaller assortment for my favorite bartender. I told my favorite bartender that her gift was “Just because” but it was really just so she wouldn’t get jealous. Her birthday isn’t until December.

I don’t remember why I walked to a subway station that wasn’t the closest. When I approached the gate, I noticed someone having trouble with her subway pass; so I pressed my monthly pass against the sensor she was standing by and told her that I would wait. There is a fifteen minute wait each time you use your pass at the same station.

I didn’t wait though. Instead, I walked to the next subway station.

She was kind of cute and sometimes I have a need to be a small time hero.

No comments: