Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'm told that sometimes people with autism have trouble with depth perception

I had to check to see what that last post was.

I sort of have this "don't erase" rule, you know that rule that when you post something then you cannot delete it. I've been true to that rule pretty faithfully mostly because there are a lot of things that never got posted.

I think I'm at that point where I tired of waiting for things to go my way.

That statement hints that I'm an arrogant but lucky bastard (no offense to my mom and dad).

All of my life I have relied on my patience for things to turn around. I've outlasted a lot of things but lately, it's taking too long; I'm wasting too much time waiting for things to change. I have to change.

A coworker had to pull the plug on his brother last week. The week prior, his brother was hit by a truck. The truck was driven by a friend of the brother.

The brother's skull was crushed on the right side and both lungs were collapsed; there was liver damage too.

The hospital was able to keep the body going but the mind was gone.

I hitched a ride to the wake with some friends.

We walked into a too large room.

Across the way stood my co-worker, his wife and her sister and to their right seemed to be miles of wall to wall carpet; and then chairs.

The brother was autistic.

I'm told that sometimes people with autism have trouble with depth perception.

2 comments:

liz said...

this is good.

Timothy said...

thanks, Liz