Monday, October 27, 2008

It’s no fun unless you touch it

I can’t say that I have always liked bread because I don’t have all my memories but I can say I can’t remember a time that I didn’t like bread.

I don’t know why I just started more earnestly baking bread but I think it might have had something to do with having to pay $3.69 for a baguette. I’ve found out that under four bucks ain’t bad for all that is involved.

I’ve also found out that bread making takes a lot of time management. You have to plan things out. Refrigeration does afford you some flexibility but in a day or two: it’s do or fail.


Rilo Kiley, Feist, The Shins, Eddie Vedder, The White Stripes, Neko Case, Jack Johnson, John Hiatt, Bruce Springsteen, CAKE, Spice Girls, The Cure, Semisonic, Chantel Kreviazuk, Tegan & Sara, Coldplay, The Decemberists, Brandi Carlile, The Fray, Augustana

Those are what the Genius option on iTunes picked. Most of those where impulse buys when I was bored and there was a music store next door to where I worked.

They had a top 20 display.

Sometimes, I’m a sucker.


I mostly use a stand mixer which makes bread making a chore and not a love.

It’s like petting a dog with a stick.