Saturday, October 04, 2008

This post was composed on my studio

I sat down to work on that invite but I started reading blogs instead.

What I do best is not something that I do very much – is what I thought while I was still looking at Angelina’s page. She had just launched a site and was proud like a mother.

I thought “I’ve launched a couple sites but I’m only proud of a portion of one.” You see, design isn’t something I’ve ever wanted to do. It’s just that I sort of fell into it. My level of skill falls in the pretty good most of the time. Pretty good doesn’t satisfy me.

Sometimes I get it right, though.

I then thought about what is it that I’m best at, what is it that I like doing most. I didn’t have one answer. My tastes and skills have changed over the years.

I’m best at helping others succeed; when the victories are solely mine, I tend to lose heart.

There were five of us there going over what should be on the invite: the owner, her cousin, his daughter, her cousin and me. The niece of the owner’s cousin was doing a mock layout of what she wanted for the invite (it was for her mother’s birthday); Lisa was using one of those invite making programs that you might get free with the purchase of a printer.

After she was finished, I was exporting it when someone wanted to add the day of the week in front of the date; so, even though I never had used that program before I double clicked on the date and typed in “Friday” followed by a comma and a space.

Later, Lisa asked if I could remove the comma. I was going over the sentence I wanted to say that would kindly let her know that the comma should be there but if she truly wanted it removed that I would do it when the owner said “A comma’s supposed to be there.” Lisa questioned it and the owner replied “He’s pretty much flawless with punctuation.” I thought “Oh yeah. You should see my blog.”

I mostly use punctuation for timing purposes.

The owner also said that I had a studio. I said “It’s more like a laptop than a studio.”

...

I noticed a new link for an old familiar before I left Angelina's

...

This post was composed on my studio.

No comments: