Saturday, October 11, 2008

Patron is not Cuevo, hold the salt, hold the lime

I was born on this day awhile ago.

I was asked what I wanted to do on my birthday and I didn't give an answer because I don't want to do anything that would make me extend any sort of effort.


The manager was standing near the door as I was making my way out.

"Hey, happy birthday, Tim."

I was a little surprised because I really don't talk about it much but then, I know his birthday is six days after mine so maybe he remembers the same way as I do. I know his birthday because he shares it with a former bartender that would let everyone know when was her birthday.

...

It wasn't the shortest line but it had the best view.

...

He joined me at the bar and after a couple beers, I tried to get him to do a shot of Patron but he wouldn't go for it but he did offer to buy me and the person I was talking with one. I protested that it wasn't fair for him to buy me a shot if he wasn't going to do one too but he didn't care and ordered two shots from the bartender.

I told the bartender not to take his money but she said "So, you're telling me he can't buy you a shot?" and she wasn't really asking for a clarification but more than less telling to shut the fuck up and let my friend buy me a shot.

So I shut up and drank.

No comments: