Monday, March 29, 2010

"It's like playing cards with my sister's kids"

My main issue with yesterday's inefficiencies was caused by the mere fact that we are not rookies at this stuff.

...

I was quite angry when I called to ask what format folks were looking for once I finally had all the elements.

"Well, what were you thinking."

"I wasn't thinking anything. I was waiting for people to tell me what they want."

"Well, like maybe a half sheet."

"How does a half sheet work?"

"You don't think a half sheet would work?"

"No, I'm not saying that. I'm asking how it would work. Is the photo on one side and text on the other? Is it all on one side? Is it folded?

"I'll ask some questions and be right over."

She wasn't right over and she played a dirty, dirty trick on me by sending in the Candidate up to my office. I was pissed but I my problems weren't with him so I had to swallow all of that hate. It went down slow.

After, about five minutes, she came up and had a seat. The Candidate was saying how he repeated about how he was impressed with what was being accomplished in such a short time and how appreciative he was.

"Well, that's what we do. We find a way," is how she replying in what I thought was an all too cavalier way.


I have issues.

No comments: