Monday, March 08, 2010

There is a very good chance that my cookbook collection can kick your cookbook collection's ass

So, you may see, I have a problem.

And my problem isn't something dramatic like a amputation or something provocative like a split personality or something serious like cancer.

The problem I have is that if I'm emailed a coupon for 30% off or more from Borders Bookstore then I'm going to use it.

And you may be thinking, "What's the big effing deal? I use those coupons too," and I guess that I'll give you that, but I always want to get the most out of them so I but the most expensive book that I can find and that I can justify buying. Usually, it ends up being a cookbook, only, mostly because I'm afraid to look at the art books.

So, today I walked into Borders with my 30% off looked around and around and then picked up The Modern Cafe with a price tag of $65.00 which I got for $45.50 which I rounded up in my head to $50 after the buyer's remorse set in.

But I'm certain that it is a very good book. But I'm also certain that I shouldn't be blowing fifty bucks on cookbooks that I probably will not utilize.

No comments: