Tuesday, March 05, 2019

mood change

Senior year in high school our English teacher asked us "On average, in a year, how many books do people read in the US?" Most of the guesses were over four. Mr. Sullivan said the answer was zero.

I like reading but I don't like to read. I am slow at it. I sound out all of the words in my head unless they are hard to pronounce and recur over and over in the story then I just remember what that word looks like and skip over actually saying it. I often get irritated reading science fiction because of all of the made up words.

If I am in the mood to read, I can read about a book a week. I am not often in the mood. But I probably read at least some sort of book at least once a year.










1 comment:

Lisa said...

I know I purchase books, but then I don't read them. Mr. Sullivan is probably right.