Sunday, March 03, 2019

The Struggle is Real is What I Would Like to Say

A compact dryer sitting on top of a compact washing machine is all that someone sees when the closet door is opened. What isn't seen is the new wiring, the new plumbing and the new hole in the exterior wall for the vent for the dryer.

The stacked washer and dryer were supposed to be easy to install but in a house that was built in 1880 things don't always go so well. Coincidentally, the closet that houses the washer and dryer was originally built to help hold up the bathroom on the floor above. Whoever installed the bathroom on the second floor cut through a few of the joists that support the room to run the plumbing.

The washer and dryer where a Christmas gift that my mother received over two years ago. My depression was keeping me from doing all that was necessary to get them installed but then my mom nearly cried the last time she talked to me about it. Her knee had been giving her problems more than usual and she was having trouble getting up the stairs to the full sized washer and dryer.

It still took me three weeks from the day to get it done. Some of the days were spent struggling with the work that needed to be done other days were spent struggling to decide to work.

It's done. I am pleased with the work but not the delay. 


No comments: