Tuesday, March 05, 2019

Sorry for the interruption

I used to write all of the time.

It helped to get the thoughts out of my head.

But writing is sometimes like trying to relax in your backyard and eat your breakfast on a sunny morning. You sit there thinking about how nice it is to be sitting in your own back yard just enjoying the day and then you notice a loose gutter or some pealing paint or the grass that is getting taller than you like. Fuck you gutters. I never liked gutters, they seem like a flawed system to me always getting clogged and creating ice dams. I rather deal with the rain run off at the ground level and pitch the ground away from the house.

I need to shut that voice off in my head.

It is true that I need to do more but I also should be able to enjoy my life at times. The trouble is that depression keeps me from doing things and when I get a break from my depression and try some self healing that damn voice points out all of the other things that I should be doing.

"You shouldn't need to write to cope." I don't argue that point.

Am I a person with High Function Depression? Or am I just a lazy sack of shit? It's a tough call.

I have ripped most of the gutters off of my house. There are still some because I like that thought of collecting rain water to water the garden. These gutters are not near any trees, so they don't get clogged.

I am not even trying at this point.

No comments: