Saturday, November 22, 2008

I can out bake most men my age

It does make you wonder

What kind of person would steal content from someone to post it as their own?

I can under stand stealing for financial gain; and I can understand if there was some tangible prize to be had but to be accepted or more popular? I don’t get the math on that.

I have more respect for actual thieves than I do for posers. I can understand trying to be like someone you admire and/or respect. I can understand copying someone’s style. I can’t understand basically assuming someone else’s identity.

I find that I pick up other people’s traits that I think are cool, or that I think are righteous or that I think are just a better way to go about going-about but I don’t copy verbatim. I’m still me at the end of the day only I hope I’m just a better me.

Is your need to be liked so prevalent and your self esteem so low that you need to be someone else?

It’s a phony popularity because it is not you. How can a person be satisfied with that?

...

That seems like a bunch of uncompleted thoughts but I’m not going to go back and read it to find out, maybe someone can send me a email on it.



So, I was up at four in the morning so that I could bake some bread for the ridiculous bake sale. I was up at four in the morning because sometimes I just want to out-do the other guy. I was up at four in the morning because bread works on it’s own schedule.

Four loaves of ciabatta bread – I’m worried whether they will sell or not.

That sound like an open line to a poem or a short story, to me anyway.

Four loaves of ciabatta bread
I’m worried whether they will sell or not

At four A.M. I rose from bed
At six I had bread from the oven – hot


Right now I should start the short story because obviously: I’m no poet.


Right about now, if I were cleaver I would steal content from xtx and change every instance of the word masturbate to ciabatta bread.

No comments: