Thursday, July 14, 2005

I was at the usual place and she had just asked me "So, what's next?"

So, I did that 'Hmmm, I'm thinking' thing and then say "Stoli raz and tonic"

"You want a Stoli raz after four of those?" she asked as she pointed at the glass in front of me that was previously filled with a Disaronno sour.

"How many?!" I asked in disbelief.

"Four" she said, matching my disbelief with her own surprise.

four Disaronno sours after a Tang and tonic which was after four beers

after the Stoli raz I left

"you might have a problem" I told myself

but I wasn't worried because I wasn't fall down drunk I wasn't even 'can't walk straight' drunk. I was walking fine.

"you went from three beers - two or three times a week to six or more beers - five times a week" I further told myself

but I wasn't worried because I wasn't drinking to drink, I was drinking because I liked hanging out at the bar and that's what you do at the bar, you drink.

"isn't the save range for drinking about two drinks a day?" was another question I asked myself

but I still wasn't worried but after that I stopped talking to myself

No comments: