Sunday, April 20, 2008

I'm going to miss the shadows

I caught up to the work crew on the very street that I was told that there was a problem. They were hanging the temporary signs in the very spot that needed to be changed. I asked the guy hanging the signs if he had any of the other signs left. He said that he didn’t think so just as the guy driving the truck pulled up and introduced himself.

"Hi Carl, I'm Tim Green."

"Yeah, I know. I've seen you're signs requests before. You do very good sign requests."

I was taken by surprise a bit and smiled before I said "Thanks. I try." I do my best to make my sign requests as neat and understandable as possible but often my requests are more complicated and involved then most of the other guy's making the requests so I sometimes worry that the field guys hate my sheets because they tend to be a lot of work.

No comments: