Saturday, April 26, 2008

She loves rounding second base despite never finding any wood

She was there when I walked in for lunch; their Sprite is delicious. Her words were loud and slurred and she was slipping in and out of baby talk. I really didn’t want to deal with her that day but I’m stonewalled in certain things. It’s my bar as much as it is hers even though she there more than I am. She would take it as a victory if I had stopped showing up.

Fortunately, she left me alone as she hung over some other guy. I smiled because I was pretty sure the show was for me.

I seconded guessed my decision to return after work. I had guessed that things would get worse for me if she was still there and I had guessed right. She asked several times why I wouldn’t sleep with her. She asked which of the bartenders I was trying to get. She asked why I didn’t like her. She told me that she was hurt because I kept refusing her. She told me that it would be wonderful. She told me that she could get lots of guys. She wasn’t keeping her hands to herself.

She hasn’t realized that I have seen all her tricks in first person and in third.

She’s forty-two with a future of old and lonely.

No comments: