Thursday, April 03, 2008

yeah, I've been kinda busy.

I wasn't seeking it and I'm even sure that those around me, that really know me, would probably even say that I was doing my best to avoid it.

But sometimes things are just thrust upon you and then you have a decision to make and if you are not of the weak character type, all of a sudden you become relevant.

When I was asked what I thought would happen to his job, I would tell people that his title wouldn't survive but his responsibilities would and they would be split between that guy and that other guy.

It was a pretty good guess. It was two-thirds correct and two out of three ain't too bad.

But it turned out I was one of those guys.

On his last day, he told me not to miss the meeting the next morning. I told him that I wouldn't miss it but that I hadn't been told anything for the powers that be about doing part of his soon to be former job.

Two minutes later, an email arrived with my appointment and then I was where certain bucks would stop.

I was pushed ahead of three other guys.

I can feel the eyes on my back.

So much for skating through life.

No comments: