Thursday, April 17, 2008

ring, ring

I usually always let the phone ring at least twice.

The phone doesn't stop ringing and there is always someone somewhere with a deadline waiting on me to push the papers I'm supposed to be pushing.

"Hopefully we can leave with everybody happy with the plan."

"Well, I'm not going to be happy with any plan but you might leave with something that's agreed to" I replied.

Sometimes, things just can't work, bad timing, bad location, bad something else; there isn't always a nice answer.

"Hi, I'm Timothy Green and this is Sgt Pepper, I'll be playing the good cop and Sgt Pepper will be playing the bad cop. There is no way in hell this plan is going to work and I can't see any other plan even close to this that would work. We can't do it during rush hour and we can't do it on those streets and I think there are too many people to handle safely. Now Sgt. Pepper do you want to give them the bad news?"

and that damn phone just keeps ringing

and too many email as well

It's like having to run an endless amount of sprints when you've spent most of you career running marathons.

Office politics too.

I know the game and I hate the players.

No comments: