Thursday, November 17, 2005

and you think you got problems?

So, I was already to go super crazy. Super crazy because folks keep on using my stuff and not returning it. Stuff I need to do my job the way I like to do.

I'm rather particular in my tools.

If I lose pen while I'm out of the office I will go to the nearest office supply store and buy a new one even though I will have a different type of pen in my hand. I want my pen. I've used the same type of pen for over ten years.

Part of my day job has me drawing stuff by hand, like the draftsmen of olden days. I like drawing by hand and I dare say I'm damn good at it, but then there you go, possibly my greatest skill is a talent of dinosaurs, but that's a different gripe.

I was looking for tools and could not find a particular item. I looked twice for it and could not find it. I checked my cluttered desk. I check all my drawers. I could not find it. So, I traveled the office looking for it. I could not find it. I asked around, no one acknowledge taking it.

I did find my missing stapler on the desk of some rat bastard.

So, there I was set to go off, I just needed the proper victim. But I figured that I would check my equipment drawer one last time because the day before I was looking of a different something that someone took and did not return and things got riled up.

I started taking everything out, sitting on my desk. There is a lot of crap in that drawer, crap that I need from time to time.

As you can probably guess, I found what I needed way in the back. It could not have been any further back. So, it was my own damn fault that I couldn't find what I wanted because I was the one that caused it to fall to the back of the drawer and I was the one that didn't look very hard to located it in that same drawer.

So, I'm currently wanting to super crazy on someone because my stapler really had been stolen and the whole episode has brought back to memory all the things that have disappeared over the years, like my smoked forty-five degree ink-riser triangle and my little mag-lite flashlight that I used to help find jammed papers in the copier.

I should be rejoicing that I'm not worried about cancer, joblessness, hunger, sickness, addiction, or any other such thing and that I'm just pissed at losing equipment that costs at most $20.

If someone asked me for twenty bucks, I would probably give it to them, so it's not even a money thing.

I think I need vacation

and it's most likely a vacation from myself

No comments: