Monday, November 21, 2005

where I drink

42° 21' 34.45" N x 71° 03'13.32" W


So, there was some overtime involved which caused me to be out of bed before 7AM on a Saturday morning. At 11:15AM I checked the time on my cell phone, I checked because I had just finished all the important stuff and was just about the start 'the-things-that-should-get-done-soon' when the aforementioned cell phone rang.

"Why aren't you working?"

"I am. I'm in the area."

"Well I'm sitting here with Jen."

"I'll be right there."

I was there in three minutes, I looked through the window and saw my buddy sitting at the bar, so I pulled on the door but the door resisted. I knew they weren't opened that early.

The wait staff let me in and I joined my buddy at the bar. The bar was out of Bloody Mary mix and that is what my buddy wanted so hence started a mission.

There were calls and field trips and sending folks on errands, six people that I know of where involved and by 11:40AM, there were two Bloody Mary's made from scratch sitting on the bar.

Those two were followed by two others which came with lunch and then we were cursed when other folks came in and ordered four Bloody Mary's because Bloody Mary's made from scratch are a bitch to make.

No comments: