Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Hi, Melissa.

Yeah, where the hell did I go?


Most of my blogging time comes about due to either boredom or avoidance.

I've slacked off to the point where lately I've needed to haul ass.

Hence there is a lack of blogging time.


Over a week since that last post.


So, here's the update on the novel. I didn't finish it.

I think I got about 16,000 words and then my mind sort of shut down and started to focus on other things.

I decided to read more. I got an urge to read Hemingway. I've never read Hemingway. I still haven't but I will. I picked up a Donald Westlake book entitled 361 and it had a lot of elements that my novel had, the same thing happened with two other books I read.

I put myself on the hook to finish a project by December 15. I picked the 15th because I need to use vacation days before the end of the year or I'll lose them. Vacation starts on the 17th, so that's leaves me two days of grace.

Folks owe me money. Folks don't have money to give me, so I'm not rolling in the cash like usually I am. I want to fix certain things in the house but can't do it without a good amount of cash, like the amount I'm owed.

Sunday night the kitchen faucet decided to spring a leak. Corrosion was the culprit. Home Depot was closed by the time I got there. Faucet fixing wasn't in the plan.

The second job has been getting on my nerves.

I need a haircut.

I still don't have my camera back.

The Wednesday before Thanksgiving I drank more that I probably should have just so I wouldn't have to share a cab ride home with someone who likes to shove her tongue down my throat. What's the polite way to say "I don't want to sleep with you because I like you're a skank?"

I think she needs to be loved but she settles for fucking. I can't help her with either, or won't.

No comments: