Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Jess has notable taste in music

The day after he heard is when he told me that she quit. I was a little surprised; she seemed like the type that would give some sort of notice, so I figured something out of the ordinary happened.

It was still just hearsay until I went in on what was usually her day shift and the manager was pouring beers. Later that day I sent her a message on Myspace: I told her that I thought she deserved more peace in her life.

She didn't say much in her reply as to why she left, other than she had a bad couple of days. Working in a dive bar while trying to finish college is reason enough to quit but I'm pretty sure something else came up.

She said she might see me later this week. I'll miss her even though she was a Yankee's fan.

...

She approached after I tossed the two CD's into a slot for DVD's as I counted my cash. I was certain I was going to be chastised for putting them as I saw her pointing them and I readied my defense.

"That's a great CD."

I looked up, surprised.

"That Gus Gus is a great CD. Not that you asked."

I just smiled. I went to get a Tom Petty CD and it was only ten bucks so I figured I would get another CD and noticed Forever by Gus Gus also for ten bucks. I only know about Gus Gus because Jess made one of their songs available.

I only about Jess because of Radio Humper

I only know about Radio Humper because of TRUE

I only know about TRUE because of Angelina

I only know about Angelina because I'm a smartass at times and followed a link from a link from a link. And all those unnamed folks have been forgotten.

...

"We're twenty shy of five hundred for the bake sale."

No comments: