Saturday, November 24, 2007

So, Like an Ulcer

So, sometimes I worry that I'm stealing unrat's thing with all the 'so's' he has in his sidebar even though I've used 'so' a lot, even though in my flesh and blood life I'll start the telling of a story with "So."

I do that with the blog too; but usually I just don't type it out. There was a post about my use of 'so.' I can trace it back, here on this blog for years and even further in my memory but still...

It's like when Tom Petty was telling a story about when Johnny Cash sang "I Won't Back Down," Petty said "After I heard John sing it, I wish I had never done it. He just sang it with so much conviction."

I worry only just a little because I don't think he really cares if I say "So" or not.

So,...

There are those who use 'so' better than I but it is what it is. At least here anyway.

It's the day before Thanksgiving. I hope I won't die of boredom.

I don't get riled up too much; there is a part of me that I let blow off steam but it's all internal. I'll ask that part of me "Are you done now?" after the dust settles. And then I go about my business.

So, I just remembered why I started typing earlier, it was to say that sometimes I don't read certain blogs because the author writes too real. Sometimes, it's just too much of an emotional trip than I want to take at the moment.


...

There are times that I think I'm a sucker for staying, that my effort is unrequited, that my caring goes unmatched.

It was an odd reaction, being relieved to hear she is having some stress related heath problems. I feel I've been dying slowly for over a year, I was glad to hear that I wasn't alone. Misery loves company, I guess.

I was relieved but I also realized that I should stop being a prick, even if I can somehow justify it.

No comments: