Saturday, August 09, 2008

I ain't dead yet

This is mostly just a post saying that neither I or this blog is dead yet.


If the blog dies: I'm not crying but... Is that the proper use of a colon?

Anyway, I've been working. For quite some time I was supposed to redesign some ad but I never could motivate myself to do it. I would fire up the laptop, startup Dreamweaver, sit there for a bit and then close the machine down. But the other day I just did it. It was rather uninspired but it was all business looking and it was for a business so it worked out, I guess.

I boss said she liked it. I'm still not in love with it but I wouldn't mind copping a feel with it.

She stayed with me the other night as I redesigned our marketing piece offering instant feedback which for some people would be some what of a nuisance but I found it helpful.

I told her that I appreciated it the next day in an email and when she saw me in person later that day, she thanked me for the email. I think she now wants to jump my bones.

Today, I worked a bit of overtime for the day job and after that, I worked on kicking out the coons. I guess kicking out is too strong of a phrase. I sort of just changed the locks after I thought they were out.

They were getting in through a dormer, that had some rot. I cut all new pieces of wood put most of them up and them waited for night fall and then waited a little more. After the waiting, I went up to the roof with a flashlight and a cordless drill fit with a phillips head screw bit and sealed up the rest and then I sprayed critter ridder all over the place. I don't know if it is actually called critter ridder or not but it's supposed to make raccoon want to go elsewhere.

I got a call from Little g when I was up on the roof. She asked where I was and I told her. I'm surprised my signal was cutting out up there, I would have thought the service would have been better, four stories high. My house is only three stories but standing on the roof is the same height as four stories. If you don't believe me than google it.

It's late, sort of. I'm outta here.

No comments: