Saturday, August 16, 2008

I was moving along but then I moved passed it

I was on the roof today; the lowest one. I have six different roof levels. The lowest one is the tar and gravel roof that’s over the addition that was built in the 60’s. There is a door on the second floor that opens put onto it where three stairs would take you down to the roof.
The ceiling below this door has leaked since we’ve had the house. I would chase the leak here and there but never find it. I would mostly blame the roof but then I figured that it might be the door so I replaced the door last year. The new door has a larger window and is better insulated so it wasn’t a wasted effort in putting it in when I found out that the leak hadn’t stopped.
The leak did slow, though; so that left the stairs which I pulled off from my house this very day. Sure enough there was plenty of moisture where the stairs had met the house. Part of the stairs fell apart in the process so everything got replaced.

My nieces helped somewhat which was going to be that purpose of his post but now I’m tired of it, so maybe later.

No comments: