Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Why do bees do that? Flies and beetles too.

My phone started its impersonation of a bumblebee on its way to bumblebee heaven. I put it on vibrate during the meeting and set it in front of me on the laminated wood conference table so when I get a call it starts to buzz while its does a little dance. I checked the caller ID and pushed the button that would stop the buzzing sound and sent it to voice mail.

I called him when I got a chance. He apologized for calling me in my meeting which robbed me of telling him that he should have known better than to call me anytime for the first half of any Tuesday. He also said that he had forgotten why he called. I guess his short term memory is running at about a half hour. He then said that he wasn’t worrying about anything that had to do with his job and he told me by name where he was; which worried me a little because we usually don’t use the actual name of the place. We usually refer to it as “Down the street” or some other non-descript name.

A half hour after that, I was sitting by his side. I was asked if I wanted a soda because that is what I usually get during the day but I said that I would have what my buddy was having.

I asked if something went wrong as soon as I could float it into the conversation but all that he would tell me was that it was the “Same old shit.”

I ordered some nachos, which I knew he would share, just so he would have some food in his system before he went back to his desk.

No comments: