Tuesday, August 26, 2008

old post from the 20th

My patience for that place is gone – I’ve stated that before. All it takes is one little thing that I think is stupid and I get evil.

I got a little evil last night.

When the owner returned a phone call; I said some things and asked some questions. She had no real answers. She started to offer all the standard hopeful lines, like “Things will get better,” but I would answer: “Yeah, but not before it gets worse.”

All her standard lines petered out and we were left with silence.

Two minutes later, my cell phone rang. Little g’s pet turtle had escape and wasn’t able to be found. I drove over to help. Little g’s room was a bit cluttered with trash bags full of clothes and shoes and the like. Everything was out of its place because the last time she was there, she was packing for camp.

I started looking under all the bags. He’s not a small turtle, he’s a little larger than a cup saucer. When they bought him he was the size of a silver dollar. In theory he could have been anywhere in the two level home; the upstairs bedroom door had been left opened. After checking under the bags, I started checking in them.

He was in a bag of what looked like unused school supplies and clothes hangers. I washed him off in the bathroom sink and changed the water in his tank and left him back on the window sill and placed something heavy on top. When I went downstairs, I was told that the turtle had to leave with me. Further directions included that I had to keep him until Little g gets back from camp and then he gets dropped off at some pond.

I’m not a fan of dumping pets into ponds and I guess it showed because I was also told that I could offer him to my nieces.

No comments: