Sunday, March 29, 2009

Not surprisingly an antonym for honest is dishonest

She plays outside the rules sometimes.

I wonder where the honor is when a win is obtained outside the rules.

She answered my silence by saying “What? We’re never gonna see those people again.”

“Those” instead of “these,” they was already behind her in her past tense.

...

I was about eleven when I followed a friend to a community center and we started playing bumper pool. It started with just the two of us but then some other kids came in, so we started playing the winner. I knew one of the new arrivals, he was in a grade younger than me and his older brother was in the same grade as my oldest sister. I was the only one that didn’t know everyone else and I was the only one that wasn’t known by everyone else.

I beat my friend so one of the new comers played me and when I started beating him, his girlfriend started cheating. She was leaning on the table and would place one of my balls back on the table after I had already sunk it. I didn’t notice at first because I was just playing for fun and when I caught her red handed, she started to take the ball back off the table but I stopped her and told her to leave it.

I ended up winning but I passed my turn to my friend. We left after he lost.

No comments: