Wednesday, December 05, 2007

So Evergreen

So, maybe it's half done. It took me longer on Saturday and Sunday than I had hoped. Saturday I produced a design that would work and that I wouldn't be ashamed to put my name on for one section of the site and then on Sunday I updated all the pages in that section and then fixed all the hiccups I found.

There are four other pages I have to do but they should be easier, so I'll take longer with them and then throw some crap up because that's what I do when things are easy.

...

I set up her tree for her just like I have done for the past twelve years or so. It could be more. She asked me to follow her to the kitchen because there was something she wanted to show me. She sat in front of her laptop which had the first run of the new design on it's screen. She didn't say anything at first. I leaned in to see the small type which wasn't legible four or five feet away from the screen. I was worried I would have to increase the font size which would possibly force a design change but as I leaned in to about three and a half feet, I could read every word. I think she wanted to ask for a larger size type and if she had asked I was going to protest.

She said that it looked good and that it would work. I agreed with a "Yeah." I wanted it better but it's okay for now.

After I finished with the tree, I walked back to the real estate office. The little space heater I left running was managing to keep a chill out of the air but couldn't manage to get my space warm. I felt my feet get cold, while I changed the font size to one pixel larger.

The forced hot air system really needs to get fixed.

No comments: