Thursday, December 06, 2007

So, something to lose your head over

I've read this is good stuff but I read that on the internet

I read my old posts only rarely but when I do I wonder what went wrong.

I'm pretty sure I could solve my own problems by exerting a little bit of effort. Maybe I'm a masochist.

...

I had noticed something stuck in one of the holes to the bird feeder and wondered what some smart assed squirrel had shoved in there but had done nothing of it until yesterday. I slid open the window and noticed that the mystery was feathered as I pinched the littlest potion of it to pull it out. I dropped it immediately and shivered a bit as I tried to erase the vision of a severed bird head between my fingers.

This bird feeder is of the type to prevent squirrels from feeding from it. It's has thin metal in the shape of leaves that slide over the holes whenever something heavy hangs on it. I guess the bird didn't see the squirrel coming and was guillotined.

I was surprised at my level of remorse. I put the feeder up to help the birds out, not to thin out the herd.

No comments: