Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Crazy is often sticky

He was speaking in hushed tones as if he didn't want the conspirators to hear. He was speaking about how his replacement company ID has gone missing. I thought that it was slightly odd but before I started checking for hidden microphone, I walked over to a co-worker's cube. This co-worker who has a habit of borrowing things and not returning them. Whenever something of mine goes missing, I look in this guy's cube.

I picked up the missing ID and returned it.

"Where was it?"

"In that guy's cube," I said while pointing two cubes over.

"Really? I would have never thought of that."

"You know he's always taking stuff."

"He should get his own. Thanks, I would have never thought of checking there."

"How couldn't you. Whenever I'm missing something, that's where I check."

"I would have never checked there."

That's because sometimes you're an ignorant non-thinking jackass.

No comments: