Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Yeah, I was there but I wasn't paying attention

I wondered if I had kept the names consistent after I had hit the publish button. I couldn't remember if the guy's name was Mike or Steve. I had gone with Mike. I wasn't protecting anybody's privacy, I just couldn't remember.

Sometimes the names are changed and sometimes they are not.

I spent a good amount of time trying to organize my space. The kitchen table wasn't really working out for me. I needed a place to work.

I created a space by moving things to other places and set up a folding table. My optical mouse doesn't like the table's white plastic finish almost as much as me. Chances are I'm going to buy a desk or a writing table.

I have more shelves now which means no more books on the floor; that's a big deal.

...

They say they need service for about a hundred. I think there is a chance of using real plates. Only about seventy people actually sit and eat the others are take-aways.

http://www.restaurant-dinnerware.com

...

I am slightly different; this I know. Sometimes, I care too much. Sometimes, I'm at odds with myself.

What's easy, what's expected, what's required, what's over and above, what I should do, what I will do.

I should rise above but I don't want to.

I would love to say that "It's too much." I could say that; and certainly convince others of it. I could say that "I'm only human," and how could people argue against that? But the truth is something different. I am mere mortal but things aren't too much. The problem is: my pride keeps telling me I should not have to deal with these things.

And my pride is right but sometimes pride is a fool.

Sink or swim.

No comments: