Friday, January 25, 2008

Sometimes life just catches up with me.

I've never been disciplined when it came to blogging, I merely did it when I felt like it, mostly when I wanted a distraction or to when I wanted to blow off some steam. I've never been someone who felt a need to blog every day. I've never felt obligated to be a daily. I've never needed to blog.

I've also never needed a drink.

...

The Friday routine has changed. We have a new regular Friday place which is actually one of our old places with a new owner. My regular bar probably thinks I'm cheating on them more than I am.

I still consider then my regular place; I'm still there whenever I go to a pub on any other day than Friday. However, I've only been going out on Fridays.

Things change.

...

The next movie project is one to tout all the good of my former neighborhood.

I've obtained a domain name for the design company I'm going to pretend to be so I can take advantage of trade only print houses.

...

I mentioned how I thought he was a very good storyteller as Kris Kristofferson appeared on the television. I then added Johnny Cash to the short list I was compiling.

I've listened to both men tell stories that I would normally not be interested in listening to but they were sharing stories that they had seemed to store in their very soul. It just made me want to listen.

After my reflection I said "I guess that's why they are both good songwriters."

No comments: