Sunday, May 04, 2008

books or not

I was restless so I drove to the bookstore

The Best Short Stories of Mark Twain

Selected Stories of O. Henry

Cooking

What's So Funny?
by Donald E. Westlake

and some forgotten title

or maybe not, maybe that was it


I guess I figured that I needed some more books that I will never read in the house.


I wonder what it going to be like without books. I wonder how easy it will be to 'burn' the digital format of a book. "Just some random electronic pulse. Sorry about that," is what the government will say.

Paper will probably be outlawed for 'green' reasons.

It was nice just to be able to drive wherever I wanted and buy whatever I wanted. It was nice to think about just me.


I thought that if my archenemy had died that I wouldn't end up dancing on his grave. I would just more on with my life.

No comments: