Thursday, May 29, 2008

Cc

I have this feeling that I’m going to forget something. But so far all is good.

Sometimes, after the fact, I’ll think “That charm was unnecessary.” Sometimes, I’m just out of control.

If you pay attention and then act on what you know some people will think you can see into the future.

...

My sister told me a conversation that she had with our three year old niece. She said our niece came to her and said “Did you know that grasshoppers can fly?” after she saw something on the television. My sister told her that she did know and then she said mentioned that “At least you learned something.”

Our niece then replied “No, I didn’t learn it. I just know it, now.” My sister then asked her “Isn’t that learning?” to which she replied “Knowing isn’t learning.”

A couple days later, my sister and I were listening to someone tell a story about how he will tell the kids he coaches on how to properly field a ground ball and he’ll have the kids recite it to him but when they get on the field, they still do it wrong.

I leaned over to my sister and whispered “Knowing isn’t learning.”

No comments: