Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I just knew come Monday that I didn't want to walk in the street

I read her post and started to draft an email about how the last time I had Prosecco was after I removed 21 inches of snow from several of my neighbors’ sidewalks. One grateful neighbor knocked on my door a couple of nights later and handed me a bottle of the Italian Champagne.

I was also going to mention materialism and how I didn’t think she fit the definition. I was going to make an allegory between an art collector who collects for sake of status or investment as opposed to someone who just enjoys art.

But then I just moved on. I know she’s busy.

Walking home from the subway, two days later, I was called to from a neighbor’s stoop. She was with her neighbor from across the street and they both brought up that day, 10 months ago, when I walked my snow blower up the street and back. The storied blossomed into me doing the entire street; but I only actually had done half the street at best.

I explained that it was a Saturday so what else was I going to do.

No comments: