Tuesday, December 09, 2008

It reminded me of the value of silence


I should be authoring that e-card.


...


I knew it would be inconvenient; I didn't know that there would be so many things that would be inconvenient. I took a day off from the day job to handle some of the inconvenient things.

It bothers me when people just stand around making excuses on why they are not doing anything to correct the problem. Most people have similar reasons as the next guy.

Everyone wants a hero but nobody wants to be that hero.


...


I'm really uninspired about that e-card and I've already designed a postcard and two ads for the property already so all I have to do is convert existing material but...


...


If this were a v-blog, I would be fading in and out on those e-card messages.


...


I don't know how fast I can run.

I only know how fast I have run.


...


I was reading something of Melissa's and it reminded me of the powers of words. Just words, no sights, no sounds, just words that bring you to a place where you can taste it.

Sometimes, when I wish to be mean, I'll say something, short and putrid.


I sometimes wish that I would use my powers for good things.


...

I was reading the book "Exploring the Elements of Design" and it mentioned that rhythm is defined as an alternating occurrence of sound and silence.

It reminded me of when I heard that there would be nothing good if there wasn't anything bad; there would be no ying without the yang.

It reminded me of the value of silence.

No comments: