Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's a longer short story

Novella.

That’s what I thought after he said, “A short novel.” It was part of his answer to the question: “What are you writing? A book?”

It’s a fascinating life I live.

I have on too many layers today. I’m wearing a sweater to hide the pit stains on my shirt. It’s a shirt I won’t wear without a sweater. I probably should just throw it away.

In the paper today was a column about how people seem freer to write harsh things in the comment section and I happen to agree that some people are just outright mean in the comments. I don’t mind contrary opinions but there really is no need to be rude.

If any of my face to face friends read this blog they would go tell me to fuck myself in the comments of this post right now. Some of my face to face friends think they are funny.

I was sitting in Police Headquarters at a conference table listening to organizers tell us all that they would like to do. At one point she got up to pass things out to the committee members and when she handed me mine, I could smell the booze on her. I then wondered what functioning adult starts in on the booze at 11am, especially when you have a meeting in Police HQ. I then wished that I could have a drink; a Bloody Mary would have been nice.

It’s twenty past three, forty minutes to go (typed at 3:20pm)

I remember telling some teenager that it was twenty ‘til two and he didn’t know what I meant. If I confused him a little by saying quarter ‘til two then I could understand a little but twenty ‘til two?

I wore my boots in to work today and so far they have set off the metal detector twice. I have passed through them three times.

I’m what you call a finesse player and part of that play is tossing my coffee cups away in such a fashion as that the energy of the throw seems to quit just in time to drop the cup in the trash. It’s more like the coffee cup comes to a gentle rest than being harshly thrown away.

I’m all about peace and love.

Anyway, so I tossed my cup today every so lightly and watched it bounce off the outside which left a little smudge of whipped cream because my coffee was actually one of those fancy drinks from Starbucks.

No comments: