Wednesday, April 08, 2009

I end up reworking a lot of things

So, I think I have some breathing room and instead of getting a jump on the next urgent deadline, I’m here goofing off.

But come on now, what’s seven or eight minutes going get me anyway?

...

I finally finished the wiring for that upper back room. Most everything was set, I just had to hook it up in the basement which sounds pretty simple but I had to run the cable from the back of the house to the front of the house which required some snaking skills and a lot of cobwebs.

I also had to rip out a shower stall I had installed to reinstall it properly. I sort of skipped a step that at the time I thought was unimportant but recently considered it somewhat crucial. I hadn’t set the shower floor on a bed of cement like you’re supposed to and the floor isn’t 100% level so some of the shower floor didn’t sit flat on the bathroom floor. It’s a good quality shower and the floor is pretty sturdy but I worried that is some fat a-hole where to jump up and down in the shower, the floor might crack.

Now the chances of that happening are pretty damn slim but if it were to happen I would probably be angry for the rest of my life about it.

It more important to set tubs into a bed of cement than it is shower floors and it actually didn’t occur to me until a year to two after I set the shower floor down. The shower, though fully functional, has never been used, other than to test the water and the drain, because there is no door on that bathroom.

No comments: