Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'm removing myself from the loop

I'm certain that there's a least one post on my flashdrive but I don't care to go through the effort to fetch it.

She's called me a few times looking for payment and I tell her that the bill that is overdue isn't mine and that she needs to talk to the owner. She then says that she can't seem to get in touch with the owner.

I want to tell her then she's plumb out of luck. I actually want to tell her to fuck off but it's not my place to say that but neither is it my place to handle calls from bill collectors.

I've tried to explain to her that calling me and asking for payment is akin to calling the owner's plumber. I explain that I'm a private contractor. She then says that she knows that Kevin used to call me when the bills were overdue. I explain that things are different now and that things were even different for Kevin towards the end, and there's nothing I can do. She then mentions Kevin's name again and then I explain that I had known Kevin for over twelve years and that I had a professional courtesy with Kevin and when he left her company then my obligation to courtesy left with him. She then requests the same courtesy. I basically say no. I tell her that there's no profit in it for me, that there is only grief but she persists.

I tell her that I'll call and when I do call all I get is voicemail.

I did my part now fuck off. I'm out of the loop.

No comments: