Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Yeah? So sue me.

I’m trying to be happier.

I should be happier.



I put off doing the quarterly report until midnight and I didn’t finish until 1:25AM; and that was probably a mistake.

I didn’t feel tired, so I started reading a book, Charles Bukowski’s Women. I started at where I had left off.

I’m not Bukowski’s biggest fan. I’ll read his stuff from time to time to try to see what the big deal is all about. I like his poems and prose better than his novels. I haven't read any of his short stories. Or at least I don't think I have.

I read a lot more than I think I do, mostly because I don't think I read much at all.

...

I missed a deadline.

The world didn't end.

I think I might miss another.

...

I'm not certain how much sleep I got last night. I can't remember waking up so conversely I can't remember going to sleep but I can't imagine that I could just lie there for four and a half hours without my inner voice driving me crazy. Maybe I was half asleep.

...

I should be happier.

No comments: