Friday, October 22, 2010

I have no life but I'm too busy. What's up with that?

Sometimes, I'll cut and paste a long blog post so I can read it offline because I feel it's less of an imposition.

My dad was a minister for the last fourteen years of his life; I remember him talking about those retreats that some ministers go on. He said, "I used to go to try to get away from everyone telling me their problems but whenever I would go, I would still have someone telling me of their problems."

And it wasn't that he didn't care about people's problems, because he did. It's just that sometimes it just really wears you down and you'll want to take a step back so that you can take a breathe but you can't because the moment you create that distance, it gets interpreted as being uncaring.

It was past eleven at night and I was searching someone's facebook page for a photo. I shouldn't have had to be searching for it, it should have been emailed to me so that I didn't have to search for it but that didn't happen and I was slightly pissed.

Then a chat window opens.

It was a friend that I used to hang around with in high school but graduation day was the last time I had spoken to him. He mentioned that he noticed that I had also missed the reunion, that had recently took place. I corrected him that I was, indeed there, but how was he supposed to know? He wasn't and I don't have any pictures of it on my facebook page. I told him that I left early because I am still not a people person.

He then told me that I am a people person, I'm just not a party person and that one on one, I am actually great.

I told him that "great" was pushing it a bit, which I thought was ironic because I really just wanted to tell him to leave me along because I was in the middle of something.

So, I was doubly angry and facebook was partly to blame but I mostly blamed the folks that didn't email me the photo.

If the photo is so damn easy to get from facebook, then YOU get it.

(I don't mind text chatting to much, just not when I'm doing stuff)

No comments: