Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow also

I think the heavy type of snow is over but there is more on the way.



I did my sidewalk, driveway and a path from the driveway to the front door and then I looked up and down the street. What I saw was clear sidewalks to the left and snowy ones to the right. The folks with the snowy sidewalks have young people in the house, so I brushed the snow off of my snow thrower and brought it into the house. I know you are not supposed to store gas powered machines inside but I'm not going to fight a frozen machine to get it started when I need it later tonight.



I then grabbed the best shovel for today's type of snow and walked six doors up. She was shoveling out a car, only she wasn't who I expected. She was the sister of the person I expected.

"Hi. Can I help you with this?"

"No. That's alright, I can do it?"

"Really? It's free of charge just because I'm a neighbor," I said as I pointed down the street.

She then looked at me, "Oh, you're...that lady's son."

"Yeah, I'm Abby's son."

"I like her. How is she doing? I saw her not too long ago."

"Yeah, she's just around on the weekends now but she is doing pretty good."

"She's nice."

"Yeah, she's good people," I said as I scooped up some snow.

Later someone's husband came out and helped, I don't know if it was hers or her sister's. It took us awhile and they tried to offer me money but I refused as politely as I could.

Walking back to my house I did another neighbor's steps and I noticed that my next door neighbor had walked his snow thrower past my house, past the house on my right and further down the street. It was nice not having to worry about any more sidewalks.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That's a shit ton of snow.