Sunday, January 09, 2011

Weather is serious business

I was looking up snow fall totals on my iPod when Bob walked in. Bob keeps a watch on the weather and is damn good with the information that he gives so I put my iPod away and just asked Bob.

"About an inch by morning," Bob said.

"That's what's she said," I replied.

I don't think Bob liked it too much but I got a laugh from the waitress.

...


Tonight's side was roasted sweet potatoes, tossed with oil olive, salt, a hint of pepper, finely diced onions and a little bit of cinnamon. It complemented whatever chunk of beef that was on sale, I think it was a top round roast, which doesn't get too tender in the pressure cooker but ain't too bad. There was a Caesar salad too.

Last week it was mashed potatoes, half sweet, half Maine, with a little bit of butter, a little bit of half & half, a little bit of fresh garlic and a good portion of salt, whipped to death.

I like potatoes.

No comments: