Thursday, December 15, 2005

I sort of feel like I was pounding Vodka shots all night long. The kind of feeling like I somehow ended up with glass shards in my gut. I wasn't pounding Vodka shots, there were some beers, there was a fine dinner, there was some wine with the fine dinner, there was a cappuccino, there was Italian pastry and there was one Scotch on the rocks.

I wonder if I could cough up blood. I'm not going to try.

At lunch she sold me that she was going to dinner in the little Italy section. I told her I was doing the same. After the Italian pastry and cappuccinos, the four of us that were still around started walking to our favorite bar when we decided to buy lottery tickets, two of us went in the corner store and Dave and I stayed out. I turned around when I heard my name called out.

"Timmy!" she said and then hugged me.

"Hey, Danielle" I said as I smiled my biggest smile.

"Are you drunk?"

"Possibly" She already knew I had at least four beers because she's the one that served them to me.

She then said she was going to the best bakery in the neighborhood for pastry. I told her we had just come from the second best bakery and that we were only there because we wanted to sit down. She was dinning with one of her girlfriends and she was running to the bakery while her friend was using an ATM. I watched her cross the street and disappear into a doorway four buildings down. My friends came out with the scratch tickets. We all scratched. We all lost. I was watching when Danielle came back out with a small box and she yelled her hello to my two friends that had been in the corner store as she was almost running up the street. I looked to where she was running and noticed her friend so then it was my turn yell across the street.

Her friend used to work with her at the bar and grill. She used to let me order things not on the 'specials' menu. We had a quick conversation across the busy street. I had to jog a bit to catch up with my friends. At the bar we ordered three Scotch on the rocks and a Bud Draft. We were served our drinks when I asked if the bartender wanted to join us. She conveyed a message that indicated I should have asked before she poured the drinks so I told her we would wait, and we did. After all the clinking we started drinking.

The other two Scotch drinkers finished first and said their goodbyes, the beer drinker was finishing his beer when my cell phone rang.

"Hey! Where are you?"

"I'm still at the bar."

"Oh, because we just realized that we didn't pay for those drinks."

"Yeah, I noticed. I thought it was kinda cool that you were comfortable enough with our friendship to just to walk out and leave me with the bill, without saying anything."

"We'll catch you later"

"Don't worry about it. I've got it."

We were undercharged for our Christmas spirits

No comments: